- I will read the New Testament through in my Spanish Bible. Hopefully, I will learn Spanish this way.
- I have a verse a week to give me strength to deny myself and live God’s way. Week one’s verse: “If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.” ~Proverbs 24:10
- I hope to lose some weight, though I’m not expecting to lose the entire baggage of extra fat I’m carrying around with me. I’m shooting for about 70 pounds, though. Whew! That sounds like so much! Well, hello, it is! It’s all about denying myself and living for God, even in food.
- I will establish morning, evening and other house management routines.
- I will grow much of our own food and preserve food by canning, freezing, drying and root cellaring. Root cellaring is a new one to me, but I plan to at least bury potatoes and carrots in a galvanized lidded can.
- I will declutter the rooms in our house that are lived in. Only one room isn’t, which I’ll get to next year along with the barns and farm yard – that with Husband’s guidance.
- I will write more letters, send more cards, and not the email/facebook kind.
- I will prepare more meals at home and eat out less – ‘way less.
- I will sew more.
- I will do more in hand needlework, which by that I mean, quilting, knitting, tatting, embroidering and lucet cording.
- I will write on this blog more. 🙂
That’s enough. I hope your 2012 year finds you a better person at the end of it. That’s what we all plan to be in the beginning. This world can only be better when each one of is a better person. I can only improve me, so I’m praying I will be improved by the end of the year.
Sharon, with Martha